An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data stored on the user’s computer by the web browser while browsing a website. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields, such as names, addresses, passwords, and payment card numbers.
Information collected through cookies help us to analyze the use of the Website and to enable us to offer users a better experience when visiting the Website. We will only keep cookies for as long as necessary to achieve the relevant purposes set out in this Cookies Policy, notably for marketing and statistical purposes.
Generally-speaking, we use 1st and 3rd-party sessions and persistent cookies. The cookies set by us are called “1st-party cookies” and the cookies set by our third-party partners and service providers are called “3rd-party cookies.”
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you close your web browser. Many session cookies are essential to make our Website work correctly, as they typically enable you to move around our Website and use our features.
Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser or until you manually delete it (for the former, how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie and your browser settings). Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user of our Website, so it’s easier and convenient to return to our Website or interact with our Services without signing in again. In addition, persistent cookies also help us recognize you when you view a resource belonging to our Website from another website or app (such as an advertisement) and help us record information about your web browsing habits during the lifetime of the persistent cookie.
Essential Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary for our Website to function properly and ensure our Services are accessible to you (e.g., log-in functionality, load balancing, navigation, filling in forms). The Website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies: Preference cookies enable us to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic Cookies: Statistic cookies enable us to understand how visitors interact with our Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing Cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across our Website. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Social media cookies: Our Website incorporates functionality from third-party sites, including certain social networks. These features may sometimes be accompanied by scripts or other features that read and sometimes place cookies from these social networks on your device. These cookies can be used to personalize advertising messages. Although we have no access to these cookies, nor any control over these social networks which are responsible for their own processing, nor to the data they collect including in the context of a data transfer outside the European Union when some of them are located in the United States, we have deemed it essential to mention them so that you have clear and complete information that their use may, if necessary, require that you give your consent. For additional information, please refer to the list of potential social network cookies below:
- LinkedIn: the following LinkedIn features can be integrated into our Website and may read or place LinkedIn cookies:
- Sign in to LinkedIn (which allows the user to sign in to their LinkedIn account and interact with our Website through that account) – LOL! Just kidding, we will never do this;
- However we might allow sharing on LinkedIn (which allows the user to share with others an item on LinkedIn), as this is an existing network where we are able to gain viewership and engagement.
Click here to get information on LinkedIn’s cookies
- Facebook: the following Facebook features can be integrated into our Website and may read or place Facebook cookies:
- Sign in to Facebook (which allows the user to sign in to their Facebook account and interact with our Website through that account) – LOL! Just kidding, we will never do this;
- Share on Facebook (which allows the user to share with others an item on Facebook), as this is an existing network where we are able to gain viewership and engagement.
Click here to get information on Facebook’s cookies
- Twitter: the following Twitter features can be integrated into our Website and may read or place Twitter cookies:
- Sign in to Twitter (which allows the user to sign in to their Twitter account and interact with our Website through that account) – LOL! Just kidding, we will never do this;
- Share and follow on Twitter (which allows the user to share with others an item on Twitter), as this is an existing network where we are able to gain viewership and engagement.
Click here to get information on Twitter’s cookies
You have the option to configure your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to never accept cookies. However, the latter option may result in some personalized services not being provided and, as a result, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features offered by the Site. If you do not wish to receive cookies in general or only to refuse certain cookies, you can change your browser settings accordingly.
Instructions to this effect are provided each browser’s website:
For Internet Explorer (LOL):
For any other browser not mentioned above, the user should not hesitate to consult the cookie management help information available on the Website.
You can also visit the below link for an overview of how to block or delete cookies on the most common browsers:
Please see below for a list of the cookies used on this Website.
For any further queries or information related to this Cookies Policy, please write to our Designated Privacy Contact, through info@NorthernBlock.io with the subject line “Cookies Policy”.