Why not take the best practices from a real world National Digital ID ecosystem that is live and thriving? In today’s episode, we dive into what’s happening within the Digital ID landscape within Europe. Sebastian Manhart is very well positioned between policy and technology in the European Union. In this episode of SSI Orbit, he shares his experiences and future projections.
During this conversation, we discuss:
- How it all started: Estonia’s 2014 Digital ID program.
- What’s happening in SSI within Germany today – how Germany moved from being a tech laggard to an innovator within 1 year.
- The recent Germany & Spain announcement
- How the Public and Private sector need to work together to achieve adoption of SSI.
- Does overregulation kill technology progress? How are EU countries working around that?
- Regulations in EU that are important for Digital ID (eIDAS, EBSI, GDPR).
- The Digital Wallet Landscape and future projections.
- Advisor on Digital Identification, German Chancellery
- Technical Consultant on Identification for Development, World Bank
- Advisor on Public Affairs, Univercells
- Advisor on Digital Identity, Ethics, and Risk, ID2020