The Internet is Broken
- The Internet was built without a way to know who and what you are connecting to
Lack of Trust
- Resulting in inauthenticity which adds friction and creates lost opportunities to conduct certain valuable interactions, or transactions
Mass Scale Frauds
- Social engineering schemes such as phishing take advantage of the inability to tell who you are dealing with
Oversharing Personal Information
- The de facto way to conduct business online is to dump your personal information into almost any website or any form that appears
Achieving Digital Trust
- Knowing who is connecting with you is a must.
We now have the solutions to fix our digital interactions
Stop oversharing your personal information, selectively disclose your data based on the trust you have within each relationship.
Know who your are interacting with by establishing bidirectionally authenticated direct connections with your friends, clients, employees and suppliers.
Don’t get locked into platforms, take control of your data and your relationships and bring them with you wherever you go.
The Power of Owning the Relationship
Every digital exchange is consent driven by you
Decide which version of you to share with whom
Maintain more privacy and stop fearing cyber attacks on your data
Stop oversharing and still get the same base experiences
Gradually expand the depth of your interactions based on value you’re getting
Get more personalized relationships just like in the physical world, trust should be built over time in the digital world.
Zero-Knowledge Proofs (ZKPs)
With AnonCreds ZKP verifiable credentials, we provide capabilities such as selective disclosure, predicates, compounding, connectionless and more! of the organization.
Northern Block is currently focused on building use cases which are privacy-preserving.
We use Zero-knowledge Proofs (ZKP) to unlock higher levels of privacy. In cryptography, the ZKP is a method by which an entity can prove that they know a certain value without disclosing the value itself.
We have implemented some of these capabilities into Orbit Enterprise. They include:
- Restrictions – the ability for verifiers to restrict proofs to specific Schemas of CreDefs
- Data Minimization – the ability to disclose only necessary claims to a verifier, while creating a Proposal or Proof Request
- Compounding Proofs – the ability to combine multiple credentials into a single proof to present to a verifier without revealing any correlatable identifier
- Predicate Proofs – the ability to reduce the sharing of PII by enclosing logical expressions, and potentially correlating data, especially dates (birth, credential issuance/expiry, etc.)
Full Aries Orchestration
We want to ensure that Orbit Enterprise provides the flexibility needed for any type of credential exchange use case that you may have. That is why we have also built in the opportunity for negotiations to happen between both parties. Both issuing and receiving parties can go back and forth as many times as they wish until they are satisfied with the data attribute values within a credential.
All this is accomplished by fully operationalizing the Aries credential issuance protocol.
In this example, we demonstrate how Concordia University uses Orbit Enterprise to request for a ‘business licence’ credential from the City of Montréal, and how both parties are able to negotiate the credential attribute values during the process.
Roles and Accesses Configuration
Within Orbit Enterprise, we can help your organization, and yourself, establish many different types of relationships.
You can initiate different types of connections,
- New Employee – Onboard your employees to start sharing business credentials which the employees present to the employers or business partner of the employer (e.g., employee ID Card, Medical Insurance Card).
- New Client – Connect with one of your clients, allowing your organization to share credentials directly to their personal wallet (e.g., customer loyalty account). Clients hold their wallet on an edge / mobile device.
- New Organization – Connect with any organization that you interact with to conduct your business. It can be one of your clients, partners or suppliers. The organization you are connecting with may have onboarded itself on the trust ecosystem as an Issuer, Verifier, or both. Organizations hold their wallet on the cloud.
- New Admin – Organization-admin is the super user of the Organization and is the first user of the trust ecosystem on behalf of the Organization. The Organization-admin is responsible for onboarding Client, Employees and other organization admins on behalf of the Organization. The Organization admin is the delegated user of the Organization cloud wallet and acts on behalf of the organization.
Issuer and Verifier Toolkits
Create custom templates and workflows around core functions. Schedule and automate!
There may be some governance and standardization that you wish to create to repeat across various issuance or verification workflows.
By using the Orbit Enterprise Issuer and Verifier Toolkits, you can achieve this and deploy the processes within your end applications.
With it you can securely receive, store and present digital credentials such as licenses, memberships, IDs, permits, and more.
Supports AnonCreds Credential Types
Interoperable with other Aries implementations
Supports zero-knowledge proof presentations
Supports self-attested credentials
Supports mobile wallet SDK
The NB Orbit Enterprise Platform was a quick and cost-effective way for us to prove out our use case. It allowed us to quickly give a demo to stakeholders and get their buy-in for future work.
The NB Orbit Enterprise Platform has enabled the Government of British Columbia to demonstrate enhanced technological compatibility in their pilot, allowing participants to exchange sustainability data in the form of digital credentials in a privacy preserving and trusted way.
>> Listen to this Episode On Spotify >> Listen to this Episode On Apple Podcasts About Podcast Episode There has...
>> Listen to this Episode On Spotify >> Listen to this Episode On Apple Podcasts About Podcast Episode Customers...
Are there cases where focusing on governance instead of identity helps achieve our same digital trust goals, while enhancing privacy...
>> Listen to this Episode On Spotify >> Listen to this Episode On Apple Podcasts About Podcast Episode In the...
>> Listen to this Episode On Spotify >> Listen to this Episode On Apple Podcasts About Podcast Episode Energy and...
We live in an Internet environment where we lack trust due to the lack of true identities.We lightly define trust in the Preface...