>>> Listen to this Episode On Spotify
>>> Listen to this Episode On Apple Podcasts
About Podcast Episode
A Trust Registry is a solution that lets you know where to reach out to get answers to make your trust decisions.
In any interaction, do I trust things sufficiently enough to accomplish what I want?
For example, how can I:
- Trust this Issuer for that Credential?
- Trust that Verifier?
- Trust that Wallet App?
Some of the key topics covered during this episode with Darrell are:
- What are the differences between Verifiable Data Registries and Trust Registries?
- How can Trust Registries help establish the Authenticity of Data?
- Does placing too much Governance at the Verifiable Data Registry layer cause scaling issues?
- Why DNS can become an elegant Root of Trust solution to validate the authenticity of Credential Issuers.
- Who in the Trust Triangle benefits the most from Trust Registries?
- Trust Registries vs Machine Readable Governance.
- About the Trust Registry Specification v1.0 at the TrustOverIP Foundation.
- How do I trust a Trust Registry?
- Do Trust Registries create new Centralization points?
- How will Trust Registries become adopted?
Note: Darrell and Christine from Continuum Loop recently held a webinar on Trust Registries – Beyond the Basics. You can watch it here.
Darrell O’Donnell is a technology company founder, executive, investor, and advisor. He’s on a mission to help organizations build and deploy real-world decentralized (SSI) solutions. He advises numerous startups, senior government leaders, and investors.