About Podcast Episode
- [00:47] Comparison of DIDs to Other Verifiable Identifiers: Exploring how DIDs contrast with other types of verifiable identifiers and their benefits over traditional identifiers like email addresses and phone numbers.
- [11:50] How to trust a DID?: Identifying the technical and governance aspects necessary for trusting DIDs.
- [15:46] Building Trust Around DID Methods: Discussing the challenges and approaches to building trust in various DID methods, considering technical integrity and governance.
- [23:34] Multi-Factor Authentication for DIDs: Considering whether incorporating multi-factor authentication concepts into DIDs is a viable framing.
- [25:34] Governance and Human Trust Inputs in DID Documents: Debating the inclusion of governance or human trust inputs in DID documents and whether these should remain purely technical.
- [31:13] Placing Claims in DID Documents: Discussing the implications of including claims in DID documents, especially concerning privacy, correlation, and data privacy laws.
- [39:11] Opportunities for DIDs: Identifying opportunities for DIDs to become easier to use, deploy, and provide value, including DID method discovery.
- [44:04] Value of DIDs Across Different Protocols: Questioning whether a particular DID method retains the same value across different credential exchange protocols.
- [52:01] Why the Market Should Focus More on Identifiers: Reflecting on the emphasis on verifiable credentials over identifiers and trust models in the context of ongoing digital identity programs.
- [58:00] Working Groups and Activities for DIDs: Highlighting current working groups and activities related to DIDs where listeners can contribute and engage.
Markus Sabadello has been a pioneer and leader in the field of digital identity for many years and has contributed to cutting-edge technologies that have emerged in this space.
He is co-editor of the Decentralized Identifiers specification at W3C and co-chair of the Identifiers and Discovery Working Group at the Decentralized Identity Foundation.
Markus is founder of Danube Tech, a consulting and development company that works on DID-related infrastructure and products, including the Universal Resolver, Universal Registrar, and the Godiddy.com platform.