Listen to this Episode to learn about how Internet-native use cases can sometimes require different forms of credentialing.
There’s a big movement of digitizing Government-issued IDs (e.g., driver’s licences or passports) through technologies such as OCR, and then conducting liveness testing on the person. This method basically just digitizes a processes that was needed for conducting in-person transactions. But now since more transactions are happening digitally, and since many new Internet-native use cases don’t require knowing someone’s Government name, how can alternate sources of verifiable credentials fuel the Internet Economy?
During this conversation, we discuss:
- Why the common saying ‘data is the new oil’ is false?
- Alternative forms of identity verification for the web.
- The Social KYC product.
- Use cases in the Gaming industry and why gaming is poised to become early adopters of SSI.
- What should Identity look like in Web3
- The KILT protocol (permissionless blockchain as a root of trust)
- The Value flow in a decentralized identity model.
- Use cases for VCs such as Ratings/Reputation in the DeFi space.