Orbit Edge is a digital wallet app from Northern Block . It allows users to securely and privately receive, store and present digital credentials, build direct and secure peer-to-peer connections, use private messaging functions and leverage holder-driven workflows (e.g., request to be issued a credential, ID proofing).
Orbit Edge is built entirely on open standards, such as Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) and Verifiable Credentials (VCs). We pride ourselves on respecting open-source project specification in our implementations, such as Hyperledger Aries, to which we not only consume, but contribute to.
Recently, we’ve added a Notifications Inbox feature within the digital wallet app.
It enhances the product by:
- Providing an inbox type capability which lists all the credential exchange transactions.
- Visually notifying the mobile wallet holder that a proof request or a credential offer has been received.
- Enhancing the user experience by including a notification type, sender and date stamp. This allows the user to have a full overview and act accordingly.
- Allowing the user to delete notifications; For example if a sender is spamming for a proof request, or issuing credentials to the user which they’re not interested in.
- Organizing the notifications through a date stamp to help the user to know the recency of them.
In our upcoming mobile wallet release, we will further improve the user experience of the Notification Inbox by enabling users to sort and filter through them.
As the best no-code SSI solutions, both the Orbit Edge mobile wallet and Orbit Enterprise platform allow for better interactions with customers, employees and organizations.